Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Wonderful Verb of CVSing!

CVS is its own breed! I am in the middle of learning all the CVS tricks of the trade, but it is already evident to me that CVS is a GOLD MINE of savings!! There are some serious CVSers out there, and we all have a thing or two or three to learn from these seasoned pros.

To get started you must register either online at http://www.cvs.com/ or visit the store to sign up for their Extra Care Rewards Card. I registered online, and it took less than a week to get my card in the mail. But, if you are ready to try your hand at saving scenarios today then definitely register in store.

Here is a blog I found dedicated to the CVS $5 Challenge.

http://kingdomfirstmom.com/category/the-cvs-5-challenge

Southernsavers.com also does a great job at breaking down CVS shopping into usable shopping scenarios. They break down the savings into transactions that maximize the number of items you get for the least amount of money. Many times you will actually walk out of the store making a profit rather than spending any money. By using their Extra Care Bucks system (which is like monopoly money) you many times come and go with no actual cash being exchanged. Here is their CVS site.

http://www.southernsavers.com/2010/05/cvs-weekly-ad-509-515/

2 comments:

  1. Kari, girl I'm lovin this!!! GO KARI! Let's keep each other going and saving $$$!!!
    YAHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited!! I never knew couponing could save this much! I was so excited to see all the freebies you scored last week! You are doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete