Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Target Couponing Attempt #1= $7.30 for $34.38 worth of products

I don't think I did too bad for my first Target coupon shopping trip. The problem I have right now is that I am still in transition from my old 'frivolous' way of shopping to my new 'frugal' shopping method. Therefore, I don't yet have a stockpile of items on hand to last me until the next sale cycle. So unfortunately, I am having to pay full price or 'sale' prices that aren't the greatest of deals because I need certain things immediately.

I used to make a list of what I needed at the moment, and I would then go buy those items at whatever price I had to. The result would almost always was a $100 + Target trip. Never again! The key is to always look ahead at what you will need over the next several weeks or few months. I'm excited to see my couponing start to pay off over the next few months as I begin to collect more coupons and as I have the time to wait for great deals to come around.

Here is how my shopping trip stacked up:

Total spent=31.87

Total coupons used=21.25

Total saved=29.70


BEST DEALS 5/11/10


For the above items I spent $7.30, but the value of these items regular price are $34.38. This is a savings of $27.08!

Here is the breakdown:

Kleenex Hand Towels: each box $2.99-$1 manufacturer coupon (Sunday insert)-$1 Target web coupon= .99 c. each

Nivea Wash=$3.99-$4.00 manufacturer (Sunday insert) coupon=FREE

Lysol Toilet Cleaner=Sale 1.89-$1 (web coupon)= .89 cents

Air Wick iMotion=Sale $5.99-$4 (sunday insert) coupon=$1.99

Bic Flex 4=$4.99-$3 (sunday insert) coupon=$1.99

2 Skintimate Shave Gel=$1.97 x 2= 3.94-$1.50 off 2 (si) - $1.00 (t. mailer)= .72 each

Gillette Shave Gel= $1.99-$1 coupon (si)= .99 c.

No comments:

Post a Comment