Tuesday, May 11, 2010

First time CVSing= $10.24 Out of Pocket (OOP) + $7.50 leftover ECB's

LOVE CVS because they basically paid me to shop with them.

Learned a valuable lesson on my first attempt...shop early in the week!!! Sunday if possible. I waited until Tuesday, and all the deals I wanted (besides the pull-ups) were gone at the first CVS I visited. Luckily, my town has two CVS's. At the second store I found the deodorants & crest, but the best deal (Schick Hydro 3 or 5 $8.99-$5 coupon=3.99+$4 ECB) was GONE at both stores.

Here is the breakdown. Keep in mind that on the first CVS trip you will spend out of pocket cash, but if you play the game right you should have to spend very little out-of-pocket (OOP) from then on. The trick is to always make sure you roll-over ECB's (free CVS money printed at the bottom of your receipt and available to use on next transaction.) To do so just use existing ECB's to buy more products that offer ECB's. http://www.southernsavers.com/ will break down all the deals for you that offer ECB's every week.

Transaction #1=
Huggies Pull-ups=$8.99-$2 Printable Coupon http://www.pull-ups.com/na/pullups_coupons.aspx (printable once a month) = $6.99 OOP (+Earn $2 ECB's)

Transaction #2=
(2) Right Guard Total Defense 5=$2.49*2=$4.98-$3 Printable Coupon=$1.98 (+Earn $4 ECB)

1 Crest Pro Health 4.2 oz=$3.50-.75 cent (Sunday insert)= $2.75 (+ Earn $3.50 ECB)

Transaction #2 Total=$4.73-$2 ECB from Transaction #1=$2.73 OOP

Total OOP (w/tax) for both trips= $10.24

(This is great to me considering it's my first attempt, and I desperately needed pull-ups that would have cost me 9.99 anyway. So the way I look at it, I got deodorant and toothbrush + $7.50 ECB free)

ECB's print at the bottom of your receipt, and can be used immediately on the next purchase. They usually expire in a month from issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment