Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My New Project

Okay, so I am AMAZED by the amount of money I could have been saving the last 6 years of marriage if I would have only given in to the coupon craze!!! In fact, I am ashamed of myself. I always knew I could save money, but I always had a number of excuses for not doing so. Any of these sound familiar?....It's too confusing. I could never concentrate on that while the kids are little. The amount of money it would save would be minimal compared to the time it would take. I would end up spending money on things I would never use, so that isn't really saving.

But, I am starting to realize we could have been saving a boat load of money over the years (on things I would really use) if I would have only tried. And, I am starting to think it might not be that confusing once I get the initial system figured out and the organization down.

So, my new "job" is to SAVE MONEY! I figure I have to have a goal so my goal is to save the equivalent of a paycheck over the next 12 mos. I am a SAHM who doesn't provide a paycheck, so I figure the least I can do is to try to save one.

This blog is dedicated to my journey of learning, and a way to track my progress from saving novice to apprentice...hopefully. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment